As a business owner, you can create easy lookalike audiences to better advertise for a specific group you want to target.
As your business progresses, you will want to pay attention to the type of audience you are growing.
What Are Lookalike Audiences?
Lookalike audiences are customers you seek out that have characteristics in common with your already defined seed audience. Lookalike advertising notices what strategies have worked well with your current clientele and then uses them to generate more engagement from similar people.
This targeting tool was first initiated by Facebook in 2013. It aims to help reach potential customers who share similar demographics and interests with existing customers.
When Should You Use Them?
You should use lookalike audiences if you have a detailed list of past customers who have purchased the product or service you are trying to sell. To be able to do this, your sales team needs to be gathering data from their leads and customers, such as the following:
- First and last name
- Email address
- Phone number
- Home or mailing address
Where Can You Find Lookalike Audiences?
People commonly associate lookalike audiences with Facebook advertising, but you can find a similar approach among many other online platforms.
- Facebook and Google both keep data based on user interests.
- LinkedIn holds data constructed from professional characteristics.
- Twitter pays attention to specific topics their users are interested in.
- Snapchat and TikTok take note of what video content their users consume.
As you can see, many online platforms use the concept of lookalike audiences to create a more loyal and engaged consumer base.
How to Use Lookalike Audiences to Grow Your Business
As your business develops, it is completely normal to have a desired consumer base in mind. Let’s face it: not all clients are created equal. As you aim to curate an audience filled with dream clients, you will want to implement lookalike advertising into your business.
Here are five steps for creating easy lookalike audiences:
- Define your seed audience. You can take a list from your CRM database to determine this information. Keep track of your engagement, such as page views, post saves, or time spent on your site. Aim to have at least 1,000 contacts for your advertising to be the most efficient.
- Look over your privacy regulations. In order to use personal data in your CRM, you need permission.
- Match the data from your seed audience to a second party site. When matching your list of email addresses to user profiles, at least a 50% match rate is considered ideal.
- Determine your desired similarity level. Some sites allow you to choose how similar you want your target audience to be to your seed audience.
- Curate your branding to your new lookalike audience. The ads for your lookalike audience should speak to the features of your seed audience.
REVITY Marketing Agency Offers Audience Solutions
The experts at REVITY Marketing Agency know how to create easy lookalike audiences for your business that will produce real results. We can help you build a marketing strategy that spans from defining a basic target audience to achieving substantial growth.
Contact us today to realize your dream business audience.