When hiring a digital marketing agency, many companies are hesitant to bite the bullet. Let’s take a closer look at why that is.
Your brand may have had a bad experience with its last agency, or maybe you were striving to put together an in-house team. But why is it that companies are refusing to enlist the help of an experienced and driven agency? We’ll give you a hint. It’s all about the relationship.
We believe that there are no bad agencies, just like no bad clients. Instead, bad relationships lack trust, healing, and healthy freedoms on both ends. So, how can both the client and the agency create a healthy relationship that drives results and, most importantly, revenue? That’s what we’re here to answer today. So without further ado, let’s get into it.
What Can You Control?
Think of it like any other relationship you’ve ever experienced. Whether a friendship, partnership, or romantic relationship, there’s only one thing you have complete control over. And it’s you. Ultimately, you create your own success story. As the client, the success we create for you greatly depends on the efforts you put into us.
So, if you’re someone who is even slightly interested in a digital marketing agency but has no idea how to approach the relationship, we have you covered. We’ll go over what we (the agency) should expect from you (the client) and vice versa.
As the Client, Are You Ready for a Digital Marketing Agency?
You might think to yourself, “If I own or operate a business, shouldn’t I hire someone to do my marketing for me?” Trust us, no one knows the value of marketing the way we do, but if your business is in a place where you are not ready to scale, it’s okay to hold off for a while.
Here’s how you’ll know you’re ready to hire a marketing agency:
- You’re ready to take on new business and rapidly grow
- Your website can handle the traffic, but you’re not getting enough
- You want to modernize your marketing strategy
- You want and trust the marketing knowledge from the people who specialize in it
4 Rules Any Client Should Live By
- Be transparent – What have you been doing in the past? What worked for you and what didn’t? Where are you in your businesses journey? What is your budget? We just want honesty. We want to know everything about your company and your product or service to create a beneficial marketing strategy.
- Set clear expectations – What is it that you’re seeking from a digital marketing agency? What is your timeline? What services do we offer that you know you can benefit from? If your agency has a clear picture of what you want, they will have a much easier time delivering it.
- Be dependable – Your agency is the marketing expert, but your company is still in your hands. There will be times when your agency needs an answer to a question, more assets, or will want to talk to you about your ads budget. And that’s just a few examples of what we’ll need. If you’re going to hire an agency, be there and follow through with your word.
- Seek understanding – Time for some real talk here: there’s not a single agency that wants a client to micromanage everything they do. And at the end of the day, a marketing agency is filled with experts that have dedicated their life’s work to understanding marketing trends and building strategies that help their clients flourish. They want to help you grow and know how to get you there. While they may ask for guidance from you, they also ask you to trust them with your marketing efforts.
4 Rules an Agency Should Live By
- Strive to understand each client’s unique needs – No two clients are the same. Every client has different needs, a unique value proposition, and a different market they are targeting. As the agency, it is your responsibility to understand and provide for those needs.
- Set realistic expectations – Like with any relationship, there need to be expectations and boundaries set. If a client asks for something virtually impossible, the agency must communicate it. As an agency, it would be in their best interest to be open and honest with their clients about what they can and cannot accomplish, so both parties don’t end up disappointed.
- Follow through – It’s simple: keep your word. When you say you’ll do something, do it. When you schedule a meeting, be there. When you have a strict deadline that you committed to, keep it.
- Keep improving – Keep moving onward and upward. Just because your strategy is helping a client grow doesn’t mean it always will. Be committed to learning, growing, and improving.
Build a Better Relationship With REVITY
Are you ready to grow your business through proven strategies and marketing efforts? We’re prepared to help. At REVITY, we do business by building relationships that last and deliver results. We’re a full-service digital marketing agency offering email, social media, paid ads, SEO, and so much more. Whether you’re local or international, to create a marketing strategy that works, we’re here to help you succeed. So, when you’re ready to join the REVITY family of clients and see your marketing efforts expand, contact us for a free proposal and to learn more about our team and offering.