Did you know that email marketing outperforms other online marketing attempts? Most businesses rely on social media, blogs, SEO, and advertising.
However, only the best companies know that marketing emails are usually cheaper and easier to do. Best of all, it produces more revenue when it’s done right.
It takes more than just sending a lot of emails or writing one really good pitch. There’s a science to crafting a successful email campaign, and we’ll show you how to increase your opens, clicks, and sales.
5 Ways to Improve Your Email Marketing
You don’t have to reinvent the wheel of your current marketing campaign. We recommend implementing one of these five techniques at a time to see if they improve your email conversions.
- Personalize Your Approach. Use the client’s behavior to clue you into the types of emails that will do well with them. For instance, if they’ve clicked on a certain page, trigger emails that will send similar content. The more targeted you can be with subgroups of your audience, the more likely they’ll convert.
- Start a Series. Creating a set of emails that tell a story, present a challenge, or provide specific information that keeps clients engaged can increase reads, clicks, and sales. Try creating a guide that addresses a pain point for the customer, then tie in your product or service as part of the solution.
- Follow Up. Don’t get discouraged by emails that go unopened—the average American employee gets 100 a day. If your email comes in on a busy day or at a bad time, they may not get a chance to open it. Trigger a second, similar email for people who don’t open your first email, and you’ll see better conversions.
- A/B Test. The number of variables in your emails is unlimited. Run tests on different subject lines, senders, length of email, and link placement to see what works best with your target audience. Use what you learn to improve your emails and increase clicks over time.
- CTA Better. Your CTA, or call to action, is a critical part of the email. Too many businesses embed their CTA within the body of the email, which is often skimmed by readers. Try adding a postscript after your signature that is short, sweet, and provides enticing value. Many readers skim to the bottom and then stop to read the ending and postscript, so upgrade yours with some graphics to make it stand out.
Overall, the key to successful marketing emails is keeping track of your metrics. The numbers will show you what’s working and where you can improve.
REVITY Marketing Agency Specializes in Email Marketing
Are you still unsure of where to start with your subscription list? REVITY Marketing Agency can help with that. Among our many marketing services, we can build successful email campaigns that turn into real dollars for your business. Ask us what else we can do for you.