Strong content marketing comprises several components, but high-quality blog content is one of the most important keys to success. Engaging content is crucial for your website to be successful. So is focusing on people-first content, making content easy to read and digest, and aligning your content with your site’s primary focus.
While it’s always been essential to produce high-quality content, creating content that serves your reader’s needs and interests is vital now more than ever. Google can tell if you use an automation tool to write a blog, if your blog is keyword-stuffed, or if you’re copying and pasting from other sources without originality.
Let’s take a closer look at how to produce high-quality digital content that will yield the results you need for successful content marketing — this includes information relevant to Google’s recent update on high-quality information.
Have an Original Idea
Creating original content for your website doesn’t mean it has to be obscure or boring. High-quality content starts with an original take on an idea with which people are already familiar. You’ll find that many topics come with answers from different fields.
Perhaps a search for reusable water bottles will yield options from different stores, blog posts about saving the planet, and blogs about the best types of reusable water bottles to buy.
Do you have in-depth knowledge of the different types of water bottles that no other source has listed yet? Instead of only focusing on the basics, brainstorm ways that you can turn an ordinary topic into something unique.
Perform Research on Your Topic
Once you’ve decided on a blog topic, it’s time to research all you can about it. Even if the entire post showcases your own experiences, researching can help spark ideas for these insights. Depending on what you find, you can also discover what needs to be improved.
Add Your Own Perspective
You can separate your content from the competition in many ways. Here are a few tips:
- Change the headline wording; avoid shocking or exaggerated titles.
- Add personal stories or insights.
- Include your own studies or statistics.
- Focus on a different demographic to broaden your reach.
- Determine your “why” for writing the blog.
- Avoid fluff, and be yourself.
- Emphasize unique keywords.
- Apply credible links to outside sources and your own website.
Use Headings and Subheadings
Have you ever clicked on an article only to find that the text is written in one gigantic blurb? Closing out the page is pretty inevitable in those scenarios.
If you want your audience to stick along for the ride, you need to break up the text with headings and subheadings. You can also add features like bullet points or numbering to further separate ideas and make the post much easier to process.
Optimize Your Content
Content marketing is futile without optimization. Even if your blog contains the most insightful and engaging information out there, no one will see it if you fail to market correctly.
Once you’re done writing your blog post, go back through and search for opportunities to optimize the content for SEO purposes. You can do this by implementing keywords, referencing external sources with links, and providing a call to action at the end of the article, encouraging your reader to buy your products or contact you for more information.
Implement Different Content Forms
Once the text is written and ready to go, adding other forms of content can complement your article and help it stand out. This might include:
Answer Google’s Content Quality and Helpfulness Questions
The definition of quality is ever-changing as we evolve and adapt in this digital age. What worked ten years ago is now obsolete. So, what’s working in 2022?
- While algorithms for SEO matter, so does your audience. Gone are the days of writing solely for the search engine in hopes of landing near the top and attracting readers. Google will now spot that like a sore thumb. Google now favors writing original, quality content that will help your readers.
- Write to be trustworthy. Ensure that everything you include in the blog is factually correct, especially information you can easily Google. Your ultimate goal should be to become an authoritative source of information that readers regularly consult for the latest in your field.
- Write to be the ultimate source. There are likely multiple sources where your readers can look for information. Set yourself apart by providing the best information with substantial value.
- Have impeccable grammar. Reading a blog full of errors is not the best way to establish credibility or authority in your field.
Even if your writing is expert-level, you’ll lose your readers’ trust if you have spelling errors, typos, or inconsistent and inaccurate grammar throughout your blog. A simple spell-check tool can resolve this problem and improve your credibility!
Let REVITY Marketing Agency Help
Do you want to provide your readers with high-quality content but aren’t sure where to start? Maybe you just don’t have time in addition to running your business. We have a solution. Outsource your writing to the experts who will ensure it meets all the criteria and standards in this blog.
At REVITY, we know how hard it is to run a business while keeping up with your content marketing efforts. That’s why we do the marketing for you! Our SEO team will do everything from keyword research to website optimization so that our content team can provide you with high-quality, substantial content that gets Google’s thumbs up and your readers what they need.
With specialists in content, social media, paid advertising, and more, we’re a full-service marketing agency dedicated to helping you grow your business. You can trust us for your marketing needs while you focus on other aspects of your business.
We are proud to offer our services all over the world. Contact us today to learn more or to request a free proposal. We look forward to working with you and bringing your digital marketing game to a whole new level!