One of the best decisions you can make for your business is learning more about paid search marketing.
There are a staggering amount of advertising options making it difficult for business owners to know which will deliver the most success. Of all the different types of marketing to choose from, paid search marketing continues to be one of the most universally prosperous options.
Today, we’re breaking down what this type of marketing is, how to use it, and the benefits that accompany this strategy.
What is It?
Paid search marketing is a type of search engine marketing (SEM) that matches your ads with users actively seeking what you provide. This type of marketing is highly cost-effective and produces excellent results. Paid marketing encompasses any promotion in which you pay for impressions, clicks, or conversions.
There are many advertising systems to choose from including, but not limited to:
- Google AdWords
- Bing advertising
- Native advertising
- Social media ads
- Display ads
How It Works
When using paid search ads, you pay to list advertisements on internet platforms and search engines. The most common type of paid search marketing is PPC (which stands for pay-per-click). With PPC advertising, you pay the platform a fee each time your ad is clicked on.
Paid search ads appear based on an auction, which determines which ads are shown and where. The amount of times your ad is clicked on depends on how it ranks. There are several components to determine where your ad will rank, including:
- Your bid amount
- Your auction-time ad quality
- Ad relevance
- Landing page experience
- Clickthrough rates
- The prominence of the extensions on the search results page
Components of a Paid Search Ad
Paid ads are typically shown above and below organic search results and include the following components:
- Headline – This is the first thing searcher’s notice, so it should incorporate relevant keywords.
- Display URL – This shows your website address and is located directly under the headline.
- Description text – This should highlight the most important features of your product or service and persuade users to click through.
- Ad extensions – Extensions allow your ad to take up more space in the results list.
DataReportal shared that in 2020, 81 percent of people searched online for a product or service. Using paid search marketing helps direct these users to your website. In addition to increased traffic, the benefits of implementing this type of advertising are abundant, including:
- It is incredibly efficient.
- Ads are targeted to browsers who are most likely to turn into loyal customers.
- It is one of the most cost-effective ways to advertise.
- It will surge your visibility.
- You can receive detailed analytics to help you optimize your campaigns.
Increase Your Conversion Rate with REVITY Marketing Agency
Here at REVITY Marketing Agency, we specialize in paid search marketing to help you optimize your advertising campaigns. We have gained our reputation by successfully employing strategies that spelled victory for our customers. We continue to stay on the pulse of changing search engine algorithms and will tailor your campaigns on a day-to-day basis to ensure success.
See how your business can benefit from having REVITY on your team today!